Saturday, December 8, 2007

Okay who turned off the heat in Washington?!

I woke up this morning to the sound of *plunk* *plunk* *plunk*. WT?

Finally realized someone was messaging me on Gmail, so I got up because I knew it had to be Ryan, my nephew. Since I heart Ryan berry berry much and I hardly ever get to talk to him because he's 3 hours difference from me, I got up to chat.

It was about 20 degrees out! AIEEE! I was considering going to run a 5k this morning, but I thought, "I'll have to stand outside and wait and then I'll have to wait after and I'd rather just get out and run so I can warm up."

By the time we left the sun was starting to come up, so it was up to a sweltering 25 degrees. I have to say, I think I lost three toes in the process, but dang it's beautiful when it's this cold. The sky was SO clear and the mountains looked really really close.

So Roy rode his bike and I ran and we made our way the "long way" to Starbucks. We didn't talk much. I find I talk to him when he runs or walks with me, but when he bikes he's just far enough away that it's an exercise in frustration. For you see, I am married to a "Low Talker." So it's "mumble mumble mmmph"

"What?"

"MUMBLE mmph mphm"

"WHAT!?"

"I SAID MU MB LE mmmph mpmmphmp mpph."

See he will increase the volume on the first three or four syllables then drop his volume again down to mumble town. Drives me INsaNE!

So we ran to Sbux, where I got a coffee and he picked up a bagel from the store next door and had tea. Warmed up and read the paper together. It's a nice weekend tradition we've been doing for about three years.

Ran home in about 35 degree weather, which was a LOT nicer. Yes, I know other people have colder weather, but it's relative. For us, this is very very cold. For people in Los Angeles, they would curl up and die.

I have a marathon in a week and I'm in some form of denial. I haven't started tapering. My hip hurts. My knee was bugging me, but I don't care. I feel so much stress right now over other things that I think I'm in denial. In a way this is a good thing. I have surgery two days later and all these stressy things are keeping me from over focusing on any one thing.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:51 ft
Location:Marysville, WAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:12/08/07Up/Downhill: [+118/-118]
Time:08:07 AMDifficulty:2.6 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 25 F temp; 84% humidity
 25 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 6.09 miles
Time:1:02:00
Speed:5.9 mph
Pace:10' 11 /mi
Calories:735
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Pace (min/mile)
 
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 51-0' 206.1+0.2+16 ft
29' 57-0' 146.0+0.1+6 ft
301' 04' 30+54' 190.9-5.0-16 ft
410' 41+0' 305.6-0.3+16 ft
510' 08-0' 035.9+0.0-6 ft
610' 42+0' 315.6-0.3-19 ft
end20' 00+9' 493.0-2.9+3 ft
Versus average of 10' 11 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: